FX-59 Socket M2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. Maybe I will convert to AMD again when I upgrade. The last machine i has was a Athlon XP 1700+ with 512 RAM and it moved.

Poo I say.

I feel like 939 has just come out. I don't like to think about the fact that the system I have YET to build will be going OBSOLETE that soon!!! Oh well... that's technology for ya.

grego said:
Poo I say.

I feel like 939 has just come out. I don't like to think about the fact that the system I have YET to build will be going OBSOLETE that soon!!! Oh well... that's technology for ya.

well, it won't be fully obsolete...i mean, the higher end socket A processors are still cruzin' along with new games and and such. thre thre are still 2-3 higher technologys...
i guess if you want the top of the line though it is hard....
lke ya said..tha's technology for ya.

939 is hardly obsolete...it just aint the top of the line lol. the FX-55 is 939, and thats NOT even close to being obsolete

Socket 939 will still be around for at least a year.

I plan on skipping socket M2 myself, with DDR2 and little options apart from the high end FX and dual cores, I think it'll be a very expensive platform. Even if my 3200+ Venice gets a bit outdated, I plan on snagging something like a 4000+ San Diego or even an FX processor for cheap and pop it in. Next upgrade will happen when they move to the next socket with DDR3 or XDR RAM.

a year?? it'll be around a lot longer than that. look how long 754 and socket A have been around.

"The Socket M2 will not be limited to the new product introductions but also applied to chips such as the FX-57 as well as the highest performing Athlon64 single-cores (3500+ and higher) and dual-core Athlon64s (4200+ and higher)."

Does this mean the FX-57 will not be socket 939?? Or are they saying that the 57 will have a M2 version as well as a 939?

Thanks

Yan

i think they are saying that the new FX will be exlusivly M2. at least thats what figured from the article.

The FX-57 will be socket 939 as it is a San Diego core. Based on the article, I think the FX-59 will be socket M2 based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom