computer restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

chart47

Baseband Member
I currently run Win XP pro. As far as i am concerned other than win 95 it is the most stable os by "windows." :) Anyway for some reason i can't quite figure out why my computer wants to restart by itself for no appearant reason. I'd be in the middle of doing something when it would shut down. I can't think of any reason of why it would do that. I've scanned for virus' and did your basic utilities such as scandisk and diskdefrag. those are the only programs i have for fixing problems. Any help would be great.

hmm since its a amd, im guessing overheating cpu
restart computer, click delete as much as possible until u see a blue screen

my guess is theres a section called hardware monitor
there it should show ur cpu temp

and if theres no hardware monitor go through each section one by one looking for the cpu temp
im guessing maybe 50ish is too high

It could be the possibility of my cpu overheating. I've actually had many problems with this computer. I've already had to replace the motherboard, processor fan (CPU kept overheating), RAM (I used to have 1024mb but one 512 chip went bad on me), and many other parts. The specs are pretty much the same as my laptop. Just a little faster. It's the AMD Athlon 1800+. I'd have to look at the temp of the CPU the next time it decides to restart. Right now it's pretty well normal. I have the bios set up to outomatically show the info on my processor. Any other ideas would help for just in case it's not my CPU overheating. that fan is only a few months old. :)

thank you!

Theres this program called CPU Stability test, and it test your CPU for 24 straigt hours to see if it is normally overheating, the data from bios or sometin. I post it up on the thread a.s.a.p. if im allowed to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom