New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think im gonna just say fook it and go with the Aurora ALX, it comes with alienware ALX active liquid cooling system

yeh, to be honest due i would probly just buy one if i had the spare cash. Its a pretty good system and its alot easier, but keep in mind u could build it yourself and save alot of cash, and get a better system for the same amount

Fig said:
so AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-55 Processor with HyperTransport Technology is better than Intel® Pentium® Processor 840 w/ HT Technology Extreme Edition 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB 2MB Cache - DUAL CORE!

Yes AMD is by far better.

If your into overclocking, the venice cores are just as good as an FX-55 basicly.

Once we get into the san diego cores, they will beat out the fx-55 in terms of overclockability

I agree with everything apokilypse said except about the soundblaster :mad: and you need a DFI SLI-DR and not Ultra D

well that Aurora ALX i put together at alienware.com came up to $6400. if i were to build the same system myself including the water cooling and video cooling, how much do you guys think i could save?

Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit
Alienware® ALX Full-Tower Chassis-Saucer Silver
PC Power & Cooling 510 Express
Alienware® ALX System Power Cable
Alienware® ALX Active Liquid Cooling System
Alienware® ALX Graphics Performance-Enhancement
Alienware® nForce™4 SLI™ Chipset Motherboard PCI Express
AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-55 Processor with HyperTransport Technology
2GB Corsair™ XMS Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at up to 550MHz - 4 x 512MB
Dual NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 Ultra PCI Express 512MB DDR3 with NVIDIA SLI Technology
AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
AlienIce™ 2.0 Video Cooling System with Acoustic Dampening-Fusion Red
148GB (74GB x 2) Serial ATA 10,000 RPM w/16MB Cache
NEC® ND-3520 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive
NEC® ND-3520 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive
Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 4 Pro High Definition 7.1 Surround Sound with Dual Firewire (IEEE® 1394)
AlienAutopsy: Automated Technical Support Request System
Targus DEFCON Authenticator™ - Protect your Investment with Fingerprint ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom