Non Retail AMDs in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices are about another 30% here in sydney, than they are in USA.
That including the exchange rate.

Since I am dreading my next computer upgrade (late 2006) as it will be motherboard + CPU + Video Card + PSU + (Possibly Ram), I am planning on getting at least the motherboard + CPU + Video Card from the states just to save some money.

I just means I am going to have to take my chances on warranty.

apokalipse said:
there is shipping costs (from other countries into Australia) the GST and, like Harper said, the currency exchange which makes Aussie PC prices a lot higher
When it comes to the currency, that the least of our issues.

One thing I do like however is that you have company's like Apple that standardise the prices all their products.

Like an APPLE iPOD. If I was do buy one here in Australia, and then buy the same model in USA, I will have little savings.

However Canon Digital Cameras, there is a sigificant difference on price on the same model.

Be careful when you order from the states harper, our country has some pretty Sh*t custom things, to stop people from ordering things from overseas, they have a tax on products that they find people have purchased internationally, and it is some ridiculous number like 70% of its price.

I was looking into purchasing some audio equipment a few months ago when i discovered this, A friend of mine actually does it quite often and he normally gets away with it, However he got caught out once and it was a very costly expeirience for him, so you might wanna think twice before you go and order stuff like that.

Todd0 said:
Be careful when you order from the states harper, our country has some pretty Sh*t custom things, to stop people from ordering things from overseas, they have a tax on products that they find people have purchased internationally, and it is some ridiculous number like 70% of its price.

I was looking into purchasing some audio equipment a few months ago when i discovered this, A friend of mine actually does it quite often and he normally gets away with it, However he got caught out once and it was a very costly expeirience for him, so you might wanna think twice before you go and order stuff like that.

Its worth the risk anyday

Todd0 said:

I got my folks over there. i can I can ask them to send things over as a "gift". Especially if I am going to use my christmas or birthday money to finance it.

I know what you are talking about there as I freind of mine got stung as he was ordering about $500 worth of T-shirts once for himself. And customes really screwed him over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom