No Fans Or Heatsinks?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickBrown7804

In Runtime
My buddy just had a grandpa die... Which kinda sucks but throush some strange money thing he got like 2k so he wants to mess with his comp.

He told me that they make solid casses that dont have fans running in them or have holes in the case to put them. Theyre totaly made for fanless systems.

He said he would get that case buy a new fanless 6800 ultra and a real nice water cooling system. I told him it sounds cool but i never heard of a fanless case or a fanless ultra.

It all sounds real cool and sounds liek a good idea but what is the likelyhood that it would be something smart to do?

zalman make the case buts its a crazy price but i cant rememeber the model name. i dunno about the ultra though

It is possible to water cool everything and have no fans. As long as you have the money. I would just stick with Air cooling unless your doing some series overclocking.

Yea we were looking at it today the case is pretty cool too. Its all steel though so it weighs like 40 pounds lol.

Zalman TNN (totally no noise)

http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/zm-ttn500a.html

Get ready for him to shell out over half his 2k for that thing haha

BTW: even water cooling needs some fans for the radiator....Otherwise the water isn't going to really be cooled down at all.

You can get some mighty quiet fans though, but they will be ridiculously low CFM.

Aaaaand yeah, don't know about going fanless for the 6800Ultra being that thing puts out a lot of heat

They do have fanless monster heatsinks for VGA, but 1. they are huge and weigh a ton and 2. Even though I believe they cool decent considering they have no fan, for the 6800Ultra.....I don't know I'd just be paranoid really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom