WinXP 'Welcome' Screen Change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone knows how to change the Welcome screen on winxp... maybe change the text or just get rid of it, i'll looked around in the registry and fooled around with a few things to see if i could find it.. but indeed i failed =) so anyways, lemme know .. thanks all

Can't you just go to theme XP, find something for it, and change it? Basically, the way I've always changed stuff is to hold down f10 before windows boots up and go into safe mode, then copy & paste the image & logonui stuff you got from themexp.org or wherever and that's that..
Well I know you're changing the start screen and not logon but...yeah...that's the way to do it. Just copy & slap it right in that thar sys32

Here is some info. I found about that subject on the web 9I haven't tried it yet, but was thinking of changing it myself).

First you may need to download this ResHacker utility, here;

http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone16/cat1054/16956.htm

You can read the article here;
http://www.getskinned.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=579

Also, this tidbit of information for you...

"Open logonui.exe with Reshack. You can change the welcome screen bitmaps in there, the "welcome" text appears to be a string, not a bitmap so it should be easy to edit. Go and see for yourself, it appears straight forward to change-thats if windows file protection doesnt kick in once youve changed it!"

yea theme xp, u change ur welcome screen, your loading screen, and ur logoff screen =p

ive done it before
but if ur stupid to computers dont do it
www.themexp.com

I really like the LOGON LOADER,, It is straight forward, easy to configure and lots to choose from on the Net,,,

cheers

i know about themes and all that, i meant through the registry.. or how to change the strings, thanks a ton bleep!

If you want, you can disable the logon screen in the User Properties. Thing is, that will bring you to a 2000 style logon and you loose fast user switching (why? I don't know...just Windows stupidity I guess). Anyhow, if you just want a new welcome screen style, follow directions others gave you...but for the registry...dunno. More like editing Logonui.exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom