No Internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jestah57

Beta member
Every now and then my PC is unable to connect to the net. My modem is fine, as is my service (the main PC still connects as does my brother's laptop; my PC and his LT are routed to the main PC's modem). Anyoe know what could cause this? Router problem? something to do with my ethernet in my pc?

also sometimes when i leave the PC idle for a while (more than 30 mins) I have to restart in order to connect. As if it just loses connection but a restart gets the connection back.

Any ideas?

If you need the specs onmy comp:

P4 2.8
Windows XP Pro
Asus P4S800D Mobo
1024 DDR Ram

and using Road Runner.

thanks in advance.

If you're using a wireless network, could it be the settings of the wireless router that make it "idle" after periods of unuse?

nah, its not wireless. I even unchecked the box in the device manager for my network adapter that says "alow this device to turn off to save power".

you can see how frustrating this can get?

Recently Even when I turn on the machine after having it off for hours there's no connection. Restarting dose nothing.

thanks anyway though....

hey, i had a problem like that a while ago, it was to do with my line filters, i had one on a phone line where i didnt need it, however my problem affected all the computers, so for you i would guess its your ethernet

so you think buying a new ethernet card is a solution? worth a shot, but why this would only happen now? any other thoughts?

As for disconnections, call your ISP. Usually these are points when they're doing maintenance on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom