Athlon 64 Venice&Diego, P4 Ghz, questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someboards overclock the RAM automaticaly. But you should try to keep the CPU and RAM at a 1/1 ratio as far as i know. And the heat is just about the only other thing you need to worry about other than a decent PSU.

since you have PCI-E I'd suggested a DFI Ultra-D board, basically the best OC'ing board out there, but yeaaaaah it's also kind of advanced especially in the RAM section but there's plenty hear to help you out with that.

As long as you keep your CPU cool, practice safe OC'ing techniques, use common sense, go in small steps, and keep on top of keeping it stable you'll be aright.

It's the people who push it huge steps at a time, run prime95 for 2 minutes, call it stable and push it more that wind up screwing something up.

It is best to OC your RAM along with your CPU, because just raising the CPU HTT beyond 200 will simply be bottlenecking your RAM and CPU, but will still OC your CPU.......

Most people will OC the CPU to say 300HTT but use a divider to keep their RAM at like 250MHz, still technically a bottleneck, but with those speeds it doesn't really matter

Overclocking Defined:

Googled Definition:
The technique (and art) of making the components in a computer operate at speeds faster than intended by the original manufacturer. While it is sometimes used to get the absolute maximum performance possible from the best components available, it is more frequently used to get a system that performs faster than top-of-the-line for a price tag that is closer to middle-of-the-road. Note: Overclocking components voids your warranty, and can damage the components if done improperly.

MY DEFINITION:
Buying cheaper parts of lower speeds and increasing those speeds to those of more expensive parts, thus saving money. Not recommended for the timid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom