AMD Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought that I would post an Update. I bought a Thermaltake A1838 Silent Boost. My temps are now at 37C Idle and 51C full load, what do you think? I didn't want to wait and order the Arctic silver 5 so I am using the included paste. Also when I was removing the old heat sink the processor came out with it, no bent pins or anything and I reinserted it without an issue, I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them.

Thanks.

first time I built an AMD64 setup I had to reseat the heatsink and that made temps drop by 10C, sometimes that's all it takes, and making sure you turn each screw a quarter of a turn at a time to make sure the pressure is evenly applied unless it's ony of those with the weird hinge on it

Nubius said:
first time I built an AMD64 setup I had to reseat the heatsink and that made temps drop by 10C, sometimes that's all it takes, and making sure you turn each screw a quarter of a turn at a time to make sure the pressure is evenly applied unless it's ony of those with the weird hinge on it

What do you mean by weird hinge? I didn't have to screw the heatsink on it clamps on, I am assuming thats what you are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom