why am I scoring so low on 3d 05?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way you got 5950 with your GT at stock (which I realize is the BFG version which comes pre-oc'd but it's only 20MHz so that's not like a HUGE difference)

But look at your sig, you have 1gb of PC3200 RAM I have the same, 2.4GHz Intel, I have a 2.5GHz AMD which is more powerful than a 2.4GHz especially in gaming, and I also have a 6800GT, so our systems are almost the same, and this is the highest I've gotten:

416/1175 6800GT - DDR400 - 2.6GHz - 71.84 - 5635 - 3dmark05

And that's well beyond Ultra speeds.

So I'm trying to figure out how you'd get 5900 with a CPU not as powerful, the same amount of RAM running the same speeds and a 6800GT running at a lower clock speed unless like I said you had it overclocked, but still, it would have to be clocked well beyond mine.

Oh, just now noticed your Intel is at 2.6GHz but still a 2.5GHz AMD would still be able to process better....

Did you have your GT uber overclocked or something and what drivers were you using?

As you can see I was using the 71.84 in that test, I've only tried 71.89 with 400/1100 which yielded 5376

the bfg card was not overclocked, but now that you remind me, i may have had my processor overclocked to 3.0 ghz at the time of that test, so there you go. It proved to be unstable however so i dropped it down. :)

Still, I got 57xx (i think close to 5800) at 425/1100 and CPU at 3.7GHz. If that score is right, good for you, but it does seem suspiciously high :amazed:

even at 3GHz dude, it wouldn't be faster than a 2.5GHz AMD more than likely, especially like I said at gaming.

OCSS3.jpg

That's my bench in sandra with my AMD at 2.7GHz which is comparable to a 3.8GHz Intel in some areas, so I know at 2.5GHz it's still not going to justify that huge ass score, when my 6800GT was OC'd beyond Ultra speeds and my CPU either equal to or better than yours even at 3GHz......

and on top of that you said your card was not OC'd, and a stock 6800GT gets around 4900 or so, with your BFG being 370 perhaps 5000, but 3dmark05 is all GPU oriented, not so much CPU, so even if you were at 2.5 then 3GHz it wouldn't make a huge difference in score.

Look at idiotecs, his setup is definitely more powerful than both of ours, and his 6800GT is OC'd to Ultra specs and he got 5800.....

oh yes, i see what all the laughter is about now, its your 3d mark scores, hahahaha......kidding, no offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom