512 meg card benchies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. that's what I was gonna say. I got something like ~9 MB.. So where is the rest of the memory used for? Buffering multiple frames, etc.? After all, 9MB << 128 MB.. Well I guess u could display a "higher" depth than with 32-bits. But that doesn't sound like the reason tho.

Wish I had time to search for an article about this :(..

That is a good article. It is tough to say, but he is saying that at that time, the end of 2002, games were starting to max out 64mb of RAM. I would guess that games are now pushing more towards the 128mb limit.

Yeah for sure man. But, the theory/concepts should stay relatively similar.. It's probably missing all the vid card theory that came about in the last 2-3 years I am sure. But it's a good starting point for someone who wants to do more in depth reading about this stuff. :)

yea the GT did well and long live nvidia in that, but there IS a use for 512mb cards. the only one i can think of right now is Doom3 on ultra high settings becasue it uses all of the ram. i think it was supposed to be made for 256 or something but i remember nubius saying that it needs 512 to really work.

God! thats so much memory, whats that do anyways as far as the memory on your gpu? Take the load off of your ram for like the math intence things in a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom