'Shift Key' changed function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriskringle

Baseband Member
A 'Key' changed function

My keyboard 'Tab Key' has changed function. This is a problem I have never came across before.

I have 'Win 98' and the usual function of the 'Tab Key' was helpful when filling in forms to shift to the next entry with out the use of the mouse.

Now when online and I have various webpages loaded and I press the 'Tab Key' it shifts to one of the other webpages so it is displayed on screen. Yes prehaps this could be handy but for the function of a separate key.

Very annoying when you forget whilst filling in a form.

(No mistakes at all SkyHi don't no what your talking about! Useful that Edit buttom).

You mean as in like it tabs? As far as what I'm getting from your description it tabs, and instead of tabbing, it shifts pages.
More info would help.

-SkyHi

Correction

I kneel and bow my head!

Yes SkyHi I actually mean the tab key has changed function, not the shift key at all. Does that make any more sense. What could be a possible reason for this. Would it have been a recent software download, can't see why.

heres a wild guess.. dont hate me if im wrong
maybe ur accessibility messed up? if not try a new keyboard see if it is your keyboard. if not post back and ill try to help some more
sorry, my post wasn't the best answer but im a little clueless

edit:
ps
ur using 98 aren't u.. hmm ok idk if this is availible in 98 but here:
start>programs>accessories>accessibility>on screen keyboard

hit the tab button with the mouse and see if it does as it is supposed to, if not its prolly software if so then its ur keyboard :)

your problem is that the tab key function needs reseting, hold ctrl + tab i think or is it ctrl + u, try it, or just restart your comp. You do not need a new keyboard :)

I didn't say you did.... i said he MIGHT
and maybe he was holding alt..
i love my tab key but id never heard of something like that...

PROBLEM SOLVED

Cheers 'espeed' what a simple solution to a possibly tricky problem.

That was all it was, it needed readjusted, never new the tab key could change function never mind that it could be readjusted.

It was the 'Ctrl', 'Alt' or 'U' keys that done the job, one of them worked anyhow.

Thought I was going to have to install some 'keyboard remapping' software, that **** for that!

'Blitze105' - Windows 98 ain't got 'on screen keyboard', cheers for the help, much appreciated.

You just provided the solution i think, check that your alt key is not stuck, when i say that i mean it may not physically stuck down but systematically it may be. Try pressing your alt key a few times then try the tab key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom