sapphire radeon 9250

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course to keep with the "spirit" of some of these suggestions in this thread - why don't you get 2x6800 Ultras in SLI. Even better yet, why don't you call Nvidia and get a priority shipment of the newest cards with their latest cores and put THOSE in SLI??.. :) That'll be better than a 9250 eh?.. :-\

Anyyyyywayys.... That being said, since I am presuming u are on a small budget :), this links might be helpful:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2238&p=1
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=1933&p=1

btw, the 256 MB on thet 9250 will be useless. 128 MB is more than enough considering the "power" (or lack of) of that GPU. Anything more is a marketting gimmick and a waste of $$.

chadklu said:
I recently purchased an HP duel layer lightscribe dvd rw, and the savage s3 doesn't handle the resolution needed for dvd playback, and i'm to the point that i am making small upgrades as i can here and there.

The 9250 will be fine for what you need,I had a 9200se and it played back all my dvd's and that perfectly,If you can afford a bit more you might want to look at the Ati 9600 or similar nvidia card.

I am currently upgrading a system i bought as a barebones package back at the end of 2001, and never had the money to really upgrade.

It is a cpu builders bundle that I am going to upgrade from an Athlon
1 ghz processor to an Athlon xp, remove my 512 megs of pc133 and upgrade to 1 gig pc2100 (motherboard has both sets of banks) upgrade video, add a minimum of 80 gig hdd to the 40 gig i have now. and i am currently using my soundblaster pro which i purchased in '02, while running xp professional. My only issue is highspeed internet, which is not yet available in my area.

athlon xp 2 ghz (a minimum, the manual says capable of handling up to 2 ghz, so i figure i won't push my luck

9550's work great, I have one, and it handles any game at top settings. I got mine for pretty cheap. It handles all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom