PLEaSE HELP!!!!Cant load windows after repare..need to backup my files and format

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried many different jumper positions but none are working.
Windows is not recognizing it even when I put it as master
When I enter the bios, next to the location where it is put (both master and slave) appears: Not Installed

Why is that>??????
The harddisk was functioning properly before my copmuter went nuts!!!!
I already ruined a hd a couple of moths ago (I guess it fell on the floor) and I am not willing to ruin another!!

Please help me. What can I do to check if it is working and what jumper positions can I put for it to work??

NB: THe picture I previously attached is (almost) like the image on my hard disk

The other hd is not working!! I dont know even if it is taking electricity becuase when I hook it up to the power cable when the computer is on, I dont hear the hard disk being turned on.

AND ALSO< THE SECOND HD (after I coppied all the data I need and formated it using the other computer) ALSO IS NOT WORKING!!!

It said it needed format again so I did and waited a long time and the following message appeared!!! (see image)
I even tried creating a 1.5 gb partition and the same result

(My XP SP2 CD is not bootable so I downloaded a 6 flopy boot from microsoft and it worked untill the error screen came)

I REALLY NEED HELP HERE!!! Sounds like all these harddisks are finally taking revenge!!!

you can give the hard drive to me... ive been looking for an extra :)
jk sorry had to say it

okie dokie sounds like u have a hardware issure if it isn't getting a good zap to start..
check ur power cables make sure u put them back in after switching the power around. also make sure ur wires/powersupply are good. if it isn't any of that then again set the jumpers, SOME hard drives to be a slave dont need the lil jumper in it at all. :)

I HAVE 2 PROBLMES THAT NEED 2B SOLVED!!

1st The one which is working is master and it is recognize by windows.

the master hd (recognized by windows) displays the above error
I checked the cables...seem okay

Is there any drivers or someting like that for it??? (its hitashi)
I remember when I bought it and the guy formatted it for me and installed windows, he said it wasnt easy and he needed to go on the internet and get somehting for it to work
He gave me a floppy which he said includes the files for it work

If that is so, how can I use them WHEN I did not yet INSTALL windows?? (I attached a screen shot of the files on the floppy...not all for the hd I think. some are for the guy who gave it to me)

MY SECOND PROBLEM is the other hd WHICH IS NOT AT ALL RECOGNIZED by windows!!! How can I fix that??
It was working well 2 days ago!!!

well I kind of solved the first problem
I went to the hitachi website and downloaded a .pdf on how to install it...
anyway, it said that before the installation I should press F6 and insert the floppy that I have

I am booting from the 6 floppies from microsoft b\c my cd is not bootable
and I see at the bottom of the screen (press F6 to load.... press F2 to load reapair...)
I press F6 and nothing happenes
I press F2 and the reapir thing appears
I dont know why (the floppy keeps on making sounds and then it said insert win xp startup disk 2)

I then tried win ME and IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

BUT THE PROBLEM IS I CANT UPGRADE TO XP!!!

the xp sp1 I have opens a help file when I click on install
and the xp sp2 cd I have starts installing and after a minute or so an error message appears:
"Setup was not able to build the list of files to be copied.
A device attached to the system is not functioning"

and then setup closes when I press OK

I dont have much time b\c im very busy (studies!!!)

PLEASE someone help!! It seems that I was a very bad person this year and God is punishing me right now!!

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom