Win XP- invalid boot diskette in drive a? help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage

Solid State Member
i recently put a new 40 gig hard drive in my cpu because my old 8.5 gig was'nt cuttin it anymore. when i did this i had to get a new controller card because the old one didnt support it. then when i tried to install my freshly bought copy of win Xp home Ed, all i get is a message saying "invalid boot diskette in drive a, insert boot diskette in drive a. i have the cd-rom drive setup as the default boot device, i just dont know if the rest of the setup is right. ive been trying to figure out this problem for a month know so if anyone can help id appreciate it. thank you.

Try reading the forum rules before you post finite. ;)

7.) Keep Things Legal! Do not post links to Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to illegal downloads of not only software, but copyrighted images that must be purchased, movies, and other items being illegally distributed.

no i dont have a floppy in drive a. i did have windows boot disks made in floppys but they wouldnt boot either.

So when you have no floppy in you get the error of invalid boot disk? Even with your XP disk in the ROM drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom