Recommended Motherboard for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett573

In Runtime
hey if you've been looking through the forums today, you'll know that i got some OCZ platinum rev 2s today but my motherboard can't provide enough voltage (only 2.7 volts). I need to get a new Socket 939 motherboard that can provide the volts needed for the overclocking the RAM. Can anyone recommend a motherboard for me? Also, i'm selling my old motherboard and processor. check buy/sell forums for more info.

Yeh, that is a good board, however if you cant afford that, the Abit AV8 3rd EYE is also a nice choice

Yeah one problem fellas, he's got an AGP card so that DFI isn't going to help him any ;)

The current best OC'ing mobo out there right now is the MSI Neo2 Platinum

I'm on my moms laptop right now, but tomorrow I'll link you to a thread at xtremesystems that has a bunch of tips for optimizing your MSI Neo2 platinum board.

Normally I'd say ABit is a fine choice for OC'ing, but the MSI takes the cake unless DFI releases their socket 939 nf3 board which MIGHT be out in june.

how about a socket 754 motherboard? i have a 754 processor now. i was gonna buy a 939 but i can't afford it now. could you all recommend a socket 754 AND socket 939 for me? thanks a ton!

KorKwin said:
I would recommend this board.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152

Altough I haven't used it myself it's supposed to be the best for overclocking and can provide alot of volts to ur platinum rev 2s.

I checked out the DFI's website and noticed that this board uses nVidia nForce4 Ultra chipset whereas its sibling, the LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D, employs NVIDIA nForce4 SLI chipset. I wonder if you can explain to me what's difference between these two chipsets. Thanks!

Well according to Nvidia one has an extra 16 PCI-E lanes, to run 2x PCI-E graphics cards in SLI

In reality, the difference is one connection which you can connect by yourself

also, how important is the dual channel feature in performance? i really really just don't know whether to sell just my socket 754 motherboard and buy a new one or if i should sell both my motherboard and processor and buy a socket 939 motherboard and processor so i have dual channel capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom