SCSI advantages outweight the price, or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick with SATA, I've never had any unreliability problems with any reputable company, and it's not like SATA drives are failing left and right.

Look at the facts, regardless of how faster an interface is, the data transfer speed is determined by the speed of the drive. You will NEVER have any drive pumping out more than 100MB/s in any real world application. Don't be decieved by SiSandra benches, if you look beyond those to any real world application the transfer rates drop like a rock.

get a single 300gb maxtor sata.. They have liquid bearings so they're ultra quiet. They also bench right up there with raptors.. 300gb should be enough to tide you over for awhile.

then get a dvd burner, nero express (should come with the dvd drive) and acronis(29.95 for the full version). Make backups of your system onto dvd.

Yeah maxtor maybee a bit faster but the above is true

They often during the warranty, but its not the 100$ hard drive, it's thje 1000$ of data and vacation photo's

that card wont work in your motherboard, unless you have a server type mobo. That card is a 64-bit PCI and or Elongated PCI card.

You sure? Is there anything that will work with a normal nF4 motherboard??

Thank you,

Yan Booth

BUT, that will that work with a normal 68pin SCSI drive? It is 50 pin external, and 68 pin LVD internal, does the LVD change anything?

Sheesh, this is harder to learn than most other hardware components.

Can you link something that will work? Although I won't bother to fuss with it ( :( ), but my friend needs a SCSI drive for a music making program he has.

Help would be appreciated...

Yan Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom