Better to leave pc on continuously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
meh, this topic has been asked time and time again. I say do a forum search if you really want to know and you'll get plenty of threads regarding this and everyones 'opinions'

SORRRRRY Didn't know I could do a search till AFTER I had posted As you can see I am a VIRGIN TECHIE!
Will sure search first next time ;)

waynejkruse10 said:
DJ chris mentioned the environment, not having a car wont emit as much greenhouse gases. Electricity generation also contributes to greenhouse gases so not having a car would balance out the equation of leaving the pc overnight by far.

Tou che...

My computer never goes off. Powering it down continuously and powering it up is actually more stressful. I have always left it on and it's been fine. I've left my computer on for 3-4 months straight though sometimes I power down. Look at servers, if those were rebooted everyday customers would be throwing hissy fits, believe me the hardware is meant to last. If you don't believe me if you still go to highschool most highschools are running older computers that never are shutoff and they been there for 6-7 years and they run fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom