Better to leave pc on continuously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a dorm. Electricity is not a problem for me :). But this thing is pretty loud as it is right beside my bed. And my speakers have bright blue LEDs in them :-\.. I leave em on 24/7. So, I am kindda used to both right now.. It's like a frikkin nightlight.. :-\

lol. I make those shadow images with my speakers LED sometimes. lol. I'm sometimes bored, so then I jusy entertain my self. lol.

I leave my computer on 247, but after 10minutes of inactivity the monitor switches of. After 1 hour of inactivity the computer goes on standby mode.

Is standby mode the equivilant to me switching it on and off, or does it create less heat?

With my laptop I generally leave it on standby because I don't use it much and the PCs are generally on all day if I'm using them and they get turned off once every other night to cool down. :D

meh, this topic has been asked time and time again. I say do a forum search if you really want to know and you'll get plenty of threads regarding this and everyones 'opinions'

I left mine on for god knows how long and decided to shut it off last weekend. Now it won't boot. Go figure. Time to replace the PSU....

Leave it on during the day, but turn it off during the night unless you're defragging or pirating something :)

waynejkruse10 said:
i leave my computer on all day usually. A friend of mine told me that the psu wears out quicker when your computer is turned on and off many times but im not sure if thats true. Imagine, servers run 24/7 for years on end, if your components are kept cool, and the fans keeping them cool dont fail, im sure my computer or any of your computers could stand running for months on end.

Dun forget that servers, mini computers, main frames used by corporations are kept in computer rooms that are cooled by air conditioning at very low temperature for 24/7. But how many of us individuals have that luxury?

I always leave my on, 24/7. It's always downloading something form Shareaza, mostly movies. When It starts to slow down, I reboot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom