I'm confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
OK I was thinking about geting the 6600 GT then NO and then yes so I decided just to ask you guys front up I have a 1.33 GHZ AMD Xp and I want a video card that my CPU won't bottleneck it greatly maybe a bit but I want a card that *dreams* run Half life 2 on high but medium is what I'm thinking I'll get but please help me I'm so confused. I play America's army, counter strike, Diablo 2 ( no graphically powered much), Doom 3 , and Half life 2.

you have to get a 6600gt

anything lower than that isn't worth the money

especially with the 1.33ghz you'll need it

I'd seriously suggest saving up a lot of cash and upgrading your CPU, mobo, and RAM.....your PSU should be good enough to handle it, but seriously dude you'd be bottlenecking the crap out of even a 6600GT. Although it'd be able to play the games, the load times for you would suck ass with a weak CPU and that little amount of RAM

Also I was thinking about doing Evga's step up program to the 6800 GT or should I take that money and stat saving up for cpu/mobo/ram?Or will the 6600 GT last me a while and I won't need the 6800 GT.

My friend has a Pentium "1.something" (a low number like 1.3), much like you. But, he has overclocked that CPU considerably. But, along with his 9800 pro, it plays HL2 smoothly. I am sure the settings were far from being the highest, but it was quite playable. So, you should still be able to play HL2.. But I doubt on high with that CPU.

That being said, u should definitely upgrade ur CPU soon. .:p.. It will definitely be "some kind of" bottleneck.

If you "know" you'll be getting the 6800 GT (like 85%) sure, just buy it man. You'll waste some money with the step-up program. The eVga website doesn't give u the "best deal" available :p.. I believe it's listed at $399?.. If you really "need" a vid card, but wanna test out the 6600 GT, just go to Best Buy, buy it, return it in a month and just get the 6800 GT (or whatever) from newegg :) ..

My buddy does this all the time with digital cameras. Every formal, semi formal/jam we have, buddy goes out and "borrows" a digital camera. What a guy. Keep letting him do it too :-\..

EDIT: if u go along this route, verify their full refund return policy! lol

Look into the future. Buy a better card now even though it will be bottlenecked. Now in the future, you can upgrade the rest to bring out your system and the video card. Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom