Video Cards - The 6800GT or X800XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can heartily recommend the Leadtek 6800GT. I just purchased one, and it easily overclocks from the stock speeds (350/1000) to Ultra speeds (400/1100). The card idles at about 58 C and goes up to 70 C under load. For $295 with free shipping, you're not likely to find a better deal on the market.

Plus, you get Nvida's over clocking software...
Pizza, I seem to remeber you as a ATI X summat pro or w/e...
Did you formerly have one? cauze that means you switched from a recent card to a newer recent card...

emeraldice said:
Pizza, I seem to remeber you as a ATI X summat pro or w/e...
Did you formerly have one? cauze that means you switched from a recent card to a newer recent card...

I used to have a PNY GeForce 4 Ti 4200. I've never actually owned an ATi card. The 6800GT is such a huge step up from the Ti 4200, it's unreal. I didn't think I would notice this big of a difference, but I did.

hah, it was a huge step-up for me to go to a 6600gt from a ti4200, must have been insane to go to a 6800gt lol

It has prob already been said, but I don't feel like looking through all the posts. Get the 6800GT because it has ps3.0 and make sure you get a good one like eVga or BFG. Also that is not a good board, that particular Asus board isn't all that stable from what I hear plus its SLI which using just one video card is better IMHO since sometimes SLI will make games run slower, and when there is improvement its just a little bit. If you must go SLI get the DFI board that desiboi suggested but I would go with the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D. If you get one of the DFI boards you have to make sure you get PCI-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom