6800 GT will it run on my setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'd be pretty right, and isnt that radeon like a pretty cheap card?
Personally i wouldnt buy an Ultra i think they are a bit much, why dont you just get a 6800GT?

oh yeh, and if thats the card i think it is, the improvement will be massive, In both the 6800GT and ULTRA

I was gonna get the GTE version I think it is. And the Radeon I have isn't really cheap at all, it's considered a pretty decent card, I think last year it was considered one of ATI's top cards along with the 9800 XT at the time. I can play games full settings with some pretty nice framerate like halflife 2. Don't get me wrong I have limits like I can't run max Anti Aliasing like that or it'll kill my framerate, is the GT as good as the ultra? If it's quite a bit cheaper I'll consider it. I'm going to sleep though but feel free to respond.

6800GT's OC pretty easily to Ultra specs, mines running that right now with stock cooler, and it can save you some money.

Even the 6800Ultra will work in your setup though but you'll need to give it a dedicated line meaning don't have a cord that's powering your HD split off to then power that card or something like that.

BTW Yes you'll notice a HUGE increase in performance from the 9800

ultra=overclocked GT

all you gotta do is buy the 6800GT, let it burn in for a week, download coolbits 2, overclock it to ultra speeds, loops 3dmark05, and if it's stable, you've got yourself a 6800 ultra

there's no point in getting the ultra (and yes, it does require 2 molex connectors)

Well an Ultra if properly cooled will technically hit higher OC's because:

1. It has a vcore of 1.4 opposed to 1.3 of a GT (maybe it's 1.5 instead of 1.4 lol can't remember off the top of my head, point is it's .1 higher) and that 2nd molex helps for stability because obviously it can rely on more juice.

Buuuuuuuuut if you're just looking to get Ultra speeds then the GT will save cash

Check newegg but I believe more than $100. And like others have said, it is cake to OC the GT to ultra speeds. I run mine 24/7 at Ultra speeds and beyond screwing around with bench's.

This ring don't mean a thing, biotch!!!! :p

~edit~if she reads this i'm toast lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom