World of Warcraft with a 56k

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really struggle to see how this game could run fine down a 40k line, i would suspect it would be almost unbearable

Good luck downloading the first patch at a 128.26 MB its going to be a big pain in the ball sack. Im doing it right now with DSL and its about 50% after 5 mins. So, you do the math.

if you are going to do it, id suggest downloading the update file from a website as apposed to using the automatic updater, that thing is painfully slow at times

espeed, i thought you could only use the p2p system battle.net setup to get them patchs? anyways you cant do the large battles or you may time out.....

128.26Mb holy crap! That will take me about 20 hours straight to download. i guess i'll have to wait it out until college. I dunno, i'm still thinking it might be worth it, if only i could use up part of my 30 day thing now and then the other half when i go to college if it doesn't work for me now.

nah p2p is just for the lazy buggers who cant find the files on the websites, they can be easily located just by googling, i did it after i reformatted my pc and didnt want to suffer the painful transfer rate of p2p.

tigerfootball05 said:
128.26Mb holy crap! That will take me about 20 hours straight to download. i guess i'll have to wait it out until college. I dunno, i'm still thinking it might be worth it, if only i could use up part of my 30 day thing now and then the other half when i go to college if it doesn't work for me now.

just leave it goin over night, it will be done while you sleep :)

my friend plays on a 28.8 connection and says the lag is not bad really. just keep the detail sttings on low and you should be alrihgt. its like FFIXI, it runs pretty good online w/ 28.8 but just keep the setttings low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom