Stock CPU fan or Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiN

Baseband Member
With my AMD64 Winnie it came with a stock CPU fan. I dont really plan to OC or anything with this computer. I was looking to upgrade the fan, is it worth it? or leave it stock?

if so upgrade, which CPU fan model would you recommend??

i personally have never/ will never buy a retail chip when i can get a oem, simply because they charge u extra for this cheap heatsink and fan that are A) loud B)just enough to keep the think around 50C it would defo get a better one even if its just to ease the pain to ur ears.

the zalman 7700cu thermal xp120 if they fit are the best around for quitestness and good cooling. also the xp90c is great but needs a 92mm fan which is louder than teh 120mm one

You don't need a new fan unless your overclocking or if the stock fan is too loud for you. Hell you could overclock a bit with stock, I don't suggest it and you won't get very far. So unless noise is an issue, no need to get a new fan. If you do upgrade get a zalman fan.

aj2003 said:
i personally have never/ will never buy a retail chip when i can get a oem, simply because they charge u extra for this cheap heatsink and fan that are A) loud B)just enough to keep the think around 50C it would defo get a better one even if its just to ease the pain to ur ears.

RETAIL CPU - 3 Year Warranty Directly with Manufacturer
OEM CPU - What ever warranty directly with the Shop / Distribution Channel you purchased it from. (and I can go on and on about warranty horror stories there)

YEAR 3 WARRANTY! It worth paying for in the end.

You pay extra from a little more than just a "cheap heatsink and fan"

The other word of advise, if you do choose to use a 3rd Party Fan, the keep your orginal fan. If you do have to send your CPU back for RMA, AMD will ask for BOTH CPU and HEATSINK/FAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom