Recommended heatsink fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and by the way, can an overheatingproblem cause yourmonitor to flick different colors while booting into windows? because it kind of looked like a vid card conflict when i was trying..

That is the part I am unsure about. All the other problem seem overheating, I never have overheated a cpu before, so I cannot say.

i see, i just hope the substance from the last fan comes off, it was very attached to the cpu core last time i tried taking it off =(

reset bios/clear cmos

aswell, use paint thinner to remove the paste

xxdryicexx said:
well, after an attempt to install my fan, my computer does notwork now.. what i did was take off my old fan, and i seen a little gluey substance and a small rectangular piece of materiel stuk on it, i tried taking it off but it didnt come off, i didnt want to scratch the cpu so what i ended up doing was taking some of that silver paste, putting a bit on the mating surface of my fan and a small bit on my cpu core, put the fan on, connected the wire but it didnt work.. my computer now starts up but doesnt boot up at all.. the second time i treid it even said my cmos was corrupted and went to defaults.. the closest attempt i had of making my computer work was when i booted it again, it booted up but my monitor was bliking different colors, almost like ihad a problem with my video card...

does the flickering of the monitor happen on boot as well? (before Windows starts, in POST)
maybe the video card has been bumped out of the AGP slot a little bit.

well, a guy who knows what he is doing looked at my comp. and determind that my cpu fried while i was trying to install my fan, and my ram chips went aswell..

this is what i get for trying to fuck with somehting i dont know how to =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom