Non Retail AMDs in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd0

In Runtime
Anyone know any australia websites that dont only sell the retail versions of AMD 64 processors. I cant find any!!

*sigh*
why we live in american...try finding some austrlians...
anyways, the reason you can't find anyone is that you need a site that is based and ships out of some where in austrialia. Why? You don't want to pay customs, shipping or handling, right? But it's just importing form germany or somewhere, so the site will have to pay shipping and handling....I may be wrong, I'm just guessing...and you Austrilians, please don't take any offense that i can't spell your country...your your countrie's name.

Todd0 said:
Anyone know any australia websites that dont only sell the retail versions of AMD 64 processors. I cant find any!!

No one has been doing that for a long time. It's been about 3 years since I have seen any OEM version of the CPU come through the channel.

Why you want NON RETAIL VERSION?

It means that you have to pay extra fro the fan.

It means you only have 1 year warranty, as appose to 3 years.

The warranty comes from the store / distribution channel that you purchase the CPU from, and not the AMD Aust themselves.

Last time I saw non-retail version of AMD CPUs (3 years ago), there was little/no saving between OEM and RETAIL product.

emeraldice said:
*sigh*

* sigh * another amercian that thinks that only americans come to this website.

Reason being its so hard to find a PLACE THERE IS BECAUSE ITS SO BIG AND SUCH A LITTLE POPULATION.... until you hit sydney..... but still less than one person per square mile.....

Yea...but people say that there's china, where population is so big, you'd think that businessmen for the past 30 years could dominate chinese economy and get rich....but they haven't...yet (closest one: wal-mart, and the closest thing to a computer they sell is those $500 laptops running open source oss)

There is a few parralle importers around here that might sell the product as OEM to the public.

I could name few. However since I am a AMD RESELLER myself, that would be a conflict interest to me.

I am also a resident of the land down under and looking for an OEM Athlon64. Every place i have enquired at says the same thing, Sorry only retail and theres not much difference in the price. Therefore i am probably going to get the retail version as many others have said you still get the 3 year warranty and get a spare h/sink fan just in case.

emeraldice said:
*sigh*
anyways, the reason you can't find anyone is that you need a site that is based and ships out of some where in austrialia. Why? You don't want to pay customs, shipping or handling, right? But it's just importing form germany or somewhere, so the site will have to pay shipping and handling....I may be wrong, I'm just guessing...and you Austrilians, please don't take any offense that i can't spell your country...your your countrie's name.

LOL at that ^ ^

charles_scott said:
Reason being its so hard to find a PLACE THERE IS BECAUSE ITS SO BIG AND SUCH A LITTLE POPULATION.... until you hit sydney..... but still less than one person per square mile.....
most of Australia is desert. at least 90% of people in Australia live near the coast, mainly the east coast.

I don't think you will find an OEM AMD, but there is a branch called MSY which has a lot of cheap parts. otherwise CPL is pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom