AMD Quad Cores by 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, quad cores??? Damn, id love to see how those babies do in multitasking.

Nah, they wouldn't advance if it just kept getting ridiculously hotter. it will be using 65nm processing and possibly lower power, so it'd probably even out temperature wise

I read that a couple days ago, I didn't post anything about it though. Thought about it though. :p

CPUs will most likely continue to double up like this until we get the next big breakthrough, but I fear that the software may have a hard time keeping up with the multithreaded changes being made so frequently. Basically, in my opinion, multicores won't be useful until about a year or so after their release at the very least, unless you wanna play a game while encoding a video behind it...

Just look at 64 bit processing, it's about two years since AMD released the commercial Athlon 64s, and Windows x64, simply an operating system, was released a few days ago.

(I'm not counting Linux as the majority of consumers do not use it)

gaara said:

Just look at 64 bit processing, it's about two years since AMD released the commercial Athlon 64s, and Windows x64, simply an operating system, was released a few days ago.

(I'm not counting Linux as the majority of consumers do not use it)

This is where the bleed over effect from the game boxes will come into play, they are moving in the same direction very soon(dont ask me why,TV resolution blows chunks), anyway, once that happens, its a safe bet that games will be ported to the x86 multicore platform that will take advantage of parallel processing.

I wanna know why these game boxes havent just up and moved into the next level where a decent rgb monitor is needed, it would make lots of sense, at $200 each for a ps2, whats another $75 for a monitor, or have I been missing something?(no I dont do game boxes, quit after the ps1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom