4 noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
$200 is where the best cards start falling into the market. Just go w/ a 6600 GT, or if you feel like waiting - prices should drop substantially once the 512 cards come out (512 cards the most expensive, people will cease to buy 6600 GTs and 6800 GTs)

what sort of video do you have now? depending on what videocard you have currently, you might want to consider more meaningful parts like extra RAM or a new processor. and stay away from 512MB cards unless you have a million dollars. the 512MB videocards in your price range blow *cough* Geforce 6200 *cough*.

GrimReaper23 said:
Well do you know any good website for benchmark tables

you gonna put this in that 1.3ghz athlon?If so, why?That thing will have a rough time feeding a decent 128mb card.

you gonna put this in that 1.3ghz athlon?If so, why?That thing will have a rough time feeding a decent 128mb card.
That's just what I was thinking, you're gonna have a huge bottleneck through your system. Save your money together and build a new system from the ground up. You'll appreciate the $200 value of the 6600GT a lot more putting a grand or so in a nice Athlon 64 nf4 system than in the Socket A.

If you guys are into off topic conversation, i currently have a:
AMD newcastle skt 754 3000+
Some random mobo...
ATI Radeon 9250 Xtsay (AGP)

and i was wondering if a AGP 6600 GT or an AGP 6800 would help games any. I was also wondering if it's worth getting a new 754 mobo for PCIe...but i don't think i'm completly upgrading the system...

dunno, im not up tp date on how much diff there is tween an ATI 9250 and a 6600 or 6800, your CPU could probably easily feed a high end 128mb card I would think, even being a 754

personally, I think as long as not too many more game makers use the doom rendering engine present in doom3 I would think many of you guys will be ok upgrade wise for awhile, doom3 is one hungry beotch, so is x-plane

ya but price doesnt always tell the whole tale, a PC is like anything else, the parts have to match up performance wise or your wasting $$, and the games your gonna play do too

sat down yesterday for a few minutes and played x-plane on a newer G5 Mac, the game was using 685mb of system memory, yikes !!

I can play swg and cs 2.0 at the same time

30fps in swg (limited by the game, its kind of annoying.)

140 fps in cs2.0

Save up and get an sli motherboard with a 6600gt (like 300$ total)

OK well I know that my processor will bottleneck it but I need to get the most "expensive" thing for my birthday because this summer I'mm make about 600 USD and then I will take that upgrade Ram Processor and Mobo then It'll be all well. Do you kinda get what I'm saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom