Memory Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
no point in getting the OCZ if he's not going to overclock, the high performance costs like $275 lol, those twinmos are $100 for 1gb and can still OC like champs, 250MHz isn't uncommon and with tighter timings than what TCCDs can produce

Oh ok i didnt realise how expensive the OCZ was, i guess for that price it isnt really worth it

well like I said that of course is their high performance Platinum Rev 2's they do of course have cheaper RAM, but the cheaper RAM aint gonna OC that well whereas that TwinMOS I linked is a 'diamon in the rough' I like to say because they are cheap but will still OC quite far given enough voltage

yeh i see, and there isnt really all that much difference in RAM unless he is overclocking is there. I really wouldnt spend that extra cash for the good stuff, but i dont have the money, if i had it i probly would :)

Yeah I heard DFi boards are really picky about what memory they are compatible with.. Why is this, and if this is such a great problem why are DFi boards so highly rated? For the fact that most can OC the hell outta them?

I just want to be 100% sure that everything will be fine with the board. Dont wanna have to do any RMA's with newegg :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom