Two operating systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhona67

Beta member
Hi to everybody! Please I need your help!!!

I have to operating systems in my PC. They are in two different hard drives. On C I have XP home edition and on F I have win98. I did this in the past to separate my music word from the normal work in the computer.
Lately, I formatted C again because of viruses and else, and the options I had at the beggining to choose between xp or 98 are gone. In the past, somebody did for me and didn't explain me how he did it. Now I am really STUCKED!!!!@@!!! I can't get into my music and I don't know how to renew the option to choose operating system.
I really don't know computers, all I know is what I learned from others. SO please, if you can help me people, explain slowly, like if I was a three year old!

Thanks!!

Are you talking about the boot loader? If you are, then you need to go into:

click Start,
click Control Panel,
click Performance and Maintenance,
click Administrative Tools.
Double-click Computer Management,
and then click Disk Management.

In the right pane, your disk will be labeled as a basic or dynamic type.

Lonely.....

Thanks for the help! I read everything but couldn't manage till the end.
THe boot.ini file I find it and that's what is written in it:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

I know that somewhere here I should add another word, like Windows 98 or something else, but I don't know where...

Thanks

PLEASE!!!Nobody knows what I'm talking about???

Does somebody know what I am talking about and how I add the "magic" word?

Please!!!

no... i dont.. and are u sure u didn't format ur slave drive to.. alot of disk formatting does the drive u dont say to.. if u say C it might do c and f.. did it to me lol
hope that isn't your case

Hi Guys!
I know how to get to the DOS/
Which command should I give so setup win98 would start, without formatting?
i need to re install it because the files in the folder system32 were gone when I installed xp.
i know how to get to setup with cd prompts but i don't know what should i write down

Can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom