AMD 64 SLI mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last question: Should I invest in one really kickass 6800 ultra, or possibly two 6800gt's? A noticable difference?

diabloII said:
yea, i mean if my system get 75 fps and you get 250fps, there probably won't be a noticeable difference in game play

You wont notice anything anyways, you wont notice the diffrence between 60fps and 250 fps, becouse the eye views the world at 60 fps and cant see anything faster, where the higher frame rate will come in to play is that say you got 80 fps and alot of on screen things ect and you get a 10 fps drop you will still be at 70 fps and wont see any drop.

512mb 6800ultra doesn't matter at all because games don't use up to even 256mb

also, if i were you, i'd just wait until the summer when nVidia's new NV70 core and ATi's new R520 core gfx cards come out

they will start with 24 pipelines and eventually they'll sell ones with 32 pipelines

those will be some kickass cards; and even if they are really expensive (i'm pretty sure you can afford them though), the 6800gt prices will drop

Right now, 128MB cards will see u through fine. 256MB is only necessary for bleeding edge cards (6800 GT/Ultra X850 XT/PE).

The R520s are gonna cost upwards of $800 when they come out, IMO. i would be surprised by a 1k price tag.

Okay, so I can't go wrong with getting an SLI mobo, correct? I can still use just one GPU. I will probly buy only one 6800GT and use it on the SLI mobo because I will need a new mobo to use the AMD64 anyway, so might as well make it SLI right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom