Using Different Ram Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illippinno

Baseband Member
Hi. I just have a quick question. Would using different ram speed safe? I now have a pc2700 512mb ram on my pc, and a friend of mine gave me his 256mb pc3200. My motherboard can support up to 400mhz in ram, so I figured it's ok. But would mixing the two work?

It most likely would work, but your pc would run both of them at the slower speed of PC 2700. It always clocks down to the lowerspeed. If it will not work, chances are that it will not hurt the machine. If it does not boot or runs buggy simply remove the RAM that you added. Since this is a freebie it is definetly worth a try.

LOL!... my old computer had the same setup...two different speeds and two different memory sizes.

Ahhh... don't miss "old bessy" one bit.

Nope didn't die. Still have it under the desk. I use it for downloading stuff that I don't want to have on my new 'puter.

I don't miss the old system, because it was running on windows ME and was slow. The ram worked okay, even though it was mismatched.

I think it also had a ghost, since it used to have a habit of powering up, whenever it wanted.. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom