Venice core woot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is still just a divider, just another way to show it in the BIOS. Post the memory tab in CPU-z. I am guessing 218 on the memory, but I could be wrong. I used the following:

200/166 = 83%
263*83% = 218

It's not hard to grasp dude, I know basically all there is to know about overclocking short of using phase change like those world record holders, but you were making it sound like your RAM was at 166MHz, how hard is it to simply say "At 200 I used a divider to put my RAM at 166, so when I raised to the FSB to 263 it came out to 232" or whatever your RAM was, or otherwise simply saying "My RAM is at 232MHz?"

Instead of sayings "its at 166!" when obviously it's not, it WAS there when you had used a divider to underclock it, but as I've said a couple times now you've made it sound as if they were sitting at 166.

I'd say i was using a divider if i was using a divider..

Using a divider would base your Mem Clock from your FSB. I'm not doing this. Because it is a DIVIDER when i overclock it's still deciding the memory clock based upon what my FSB is.

I'm manually setting my memory clock. It is an independent variable from my FSB.

If you were to change your fsb from 200 to 250 using a divider, it would base your mem clock after you post on the 250. With the way im doing it, it uses 166 + whatever the overclock is past 200.

a divider divides.... my motherboard is doing no such dividing.

e.g. on your motherboard is most likely has

1:1
1:2
1:3
1:4
1:5 etc..

my motherboard has

100mhz
133mhz
150mhz
166mhz
180mhz
200mhz.

It's not really a huge difference... but adding is a lot easier than dividing =)

ok? I thought you said you set your memory at 166 and then as you raised your FSB beyond 200 it gradually raised with it?

Post a CPU-Z memory shot please.

If you're setting it at 166 and upon raising the CPU FSB beyond 200 the memory raises too........isn't that using a divider?

If you were setting it manually then it would stay at 166 or whatever else you set it to.

EDIT:

my motherboard has

100mhz
133mhz
150mhz
166mhz
180mhz
200mhz.

Bah, it's still using a divider dude, regardless if the mobo labels it different.

lol

It's still using a divider though, that particular motherboard just doesn't have a blatent section for like you said 1:1, 1:2 or whatever, mine has that and goes all the way to 6/6 mind you I'm on a socket A system, but yeah anyway, you set yours down to 166 and that's basically a 4/3 ratio I believe it is.....it's labeled different but it's still a divider,

but like I said, gaara and I got confused, because all we saw was "I set it at 166" and was like.........wtf!?! but yeah we got it now

No it really isnt a divider....

On your system it goes like this

system boots
FSB set to 200
Memclock calls fsb and says "what is your clock" fsb replies "200" memclock says "based upon your 200 and the divider set in my bios. my memclock should be....."

my system goes like this...

systemboots
memclock set to 166
fsb set to 250
memclock then gets overclocked by 50mhz based upon fsb..
there is no dividing about it

2 completely different methods of getting the same answer. mine just requires less fiddle faddle

Okay, i am seriously confused here...

@Senseless, just post a pic of the results of ur overclock. That will solve all confusion.

i didnt notice the CPU/13 in cpu-z when i had first looked at it. Which is why i didnt post it sooner. I didn't see anything helpful within the image.

Sorry, im wrong... maybe... I was under the impression that the memclock had nothing to do with a/the divider (like back in the old p3 days.)

However... 255 (current fsb clock) / 13 is 29. I can assure you my memory isnt running at 29mhz.

Like I said....different words and numbers, but all in all, it's still a divider dude lol.

Still though, back to the topic, you gotta mighty nice OC going dude ;)
Congrats

EDIT: Oh yeah regarding CPU-Z, it's been known to show weird ratios on these newer systems. I've seen people that obviously have 1:1 and it says like CPU/10 go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom