Memory Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiN

Baseband Member
I have a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 mobo with a amd64 Winnie 3200+ -- I was looking to throw atleast a gig on here. Im not interested in OC'ing the memory or anything, I want to know whats the best brand for ddr400 (pc3200) to go with, anything in particular I should look for? I was thinking about Corsair. I was going to go with 1 unit of 1gig, didnt wanna use 2x512mb..

Suggestions?

You could save your money and get this samsung stuff that i have which is still overclockable by 40mhz.. Thats all you're really going to get out of corsair anyway.. (Because its the same stuff as i have, only 150$ cheaper with different heat spreaders.)

TwinMOS - 1gb kit at newegg for $100, cheap but will OC quite nicely (even though you said you aren't interested) if you put enough volts through it which a board like that DFI can easily handle.

See I've never touched the water of OC'ing anything and to tell you the truth I know my way around hardware and software spectrums of the computer. Its just my lack of experience with OC'ing has left me saying "screw it I dont wanna jack shiz up" :D

well like I said though:

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820218062

That RAM is better than any that's been suggested thus far and is cheaper.

Not only is it already cheap, damn good RAM, but if you ever WERE to OC in the future, they've got plenty of room to do it. It's kind of like a 'diamon in the rough' kind of deal. They are made with high quality chips and PCB so given enough voltage they will go far ;)

ok my bad, i didnt read the bit about not overclocking, but it is still the best ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom