Video Cards - The 6800GT or X800XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe that leadtek 6800GT is like $299 at newegg...Pizzahut just got one

Yeah, you should really go for it. I haven't decided if I'm just going to grab one of these cheap 6800GTs when the price goes down or get a next gen card.

well with leadteks being $299, the step up makes you pay $100 in the long run, but if you wound up upgrading within 90 days anyway, after 3 months it seems like you're buying a 6800GT for $200 :p

Ahh well, I love this 6800GT, but yeah I figure I'm going to have to wait a year and upgrade my mobo, RAM, PSU, and graphics card =/

Better start saving now

@ Beedubya

Ur Pro is utterly horrible. Its still quite a capable card. Id wait for a next gen if i were u. u still arent using a voodoo 2 lol

dhw200 said:
@ Beedubya

Ur Pro is utterly horrible. Its still quite a capable card. Id wait for a next gen if i were u. u still arent using a voodoo 2 lol

You mean its not utterly horrible lol...

It is quite a capable card, it just doesn't have Pixel Shader 3.0 support. But it is quite better than what a lot of people have and it plays very well on games that are meant to play on it (basically anything but Doom 3 or Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory). And some of the ATI real-time demos are absolutely stunning. This is indeed a capable card, its just game manufacturers seem to have an Nvidia bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom