World of Warcraft with a 56k

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfootball05

In Runtime
Sorry for posting this here also but i need to know if WoW will work for me with a 56k modem and the rig in my sig (hey that rhymes). The box says 56k is the minimum requirements so i know it will work but i want to know how bad the lag will be. Thanks.

how bad is the lag? Is it playable or is it just complete crap? I don't mind a little lag as long as i can still function alright.

You should be okay as far as loading and such. It's going to be the players on that are gonna kill. Even thought u have a good comp, turn the detail settings down to reduce lag. Or get cable.

well considering that the lag on 2mb connection is still very apparent, i would say that 56k is gonna blow your mind lol

I tried playing Quake III (freeze tag) over this weekend when my University network was down - on 56K. Bloody hell.. I can't even begin to describe it. I would start to feel my movement in spurts about 1-2 seconds later. I did get one frag tho before I quit after like 2 min. lol.. Says a lot about the guy I fragged :-\..

You will want 36.6 K or higher on your connection at worst. Friend plays WoW online with a 40k connection and it works just fine, but them patchs take FOREVER to download...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom