Component Aesthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse5150

Baseband Member
OK, over the past few months we've seen computer modding becoming like a car modding thing, people listing their specs as a kinda status symbol, and one big thing to take off is the use of perspex sided cases so u can make your PC look "gorgeous" this is done by getting a perspex side case, a nice colourful motherboard, LED fans, Cold Cathode tubes etc, even graphics card manufacturers are making their cards look great by adding stylish heatsinks and fans, and nice colourful boards.

Things brings me to my question:

Why dont graphics card manufacturers put all the "stuff" (ie the heatsink, capacitors etc) on the other side of the card? So its all facing up?

They are putting all these fancy features on their cards that do make them look cool, but then turn the card upside down so u cant see it!

:eek:

i got a ti4200..
looks nice but also facing down

all vid cards face down,
i guess for some if it faced up
it would hit a capacitor or somethin depending on the motherboard

That is true. Were my AGP slot is, it would hit the capacitor, if it were facing up.

actually a better question is why dont they put the fan and heatsinks on the otherside, so that the fan is not half an inch from a pci card in the next slot. Seems it would stay cooler if it were on the other side. That way it would not have to compete with ventilation for the next PCI card. On the other side it would have plenty of open space to pull air and vent it out. Good point Mouse5150

Yeah, but them the mobo manufacturers would have to plan a proper mobo setup and move the AGP slot. Too much money spent in research papers to get that done *tongue in cheek*

somethin that could easily be fixed,
just move the agp slot one down
and have a pci slot in the first one.

blah

Bleep said:
Yeah, but them the mobo manufacturers would have to plan a proper mobo setup and move the AGP slot. Too much money spent in research papers to get that done *tongue in cheek* [/QUOTE
if you just want to have the card facing the other way, you'd just need to change the card. but why would they have to move the AGP slot?

On alot of boards (mine included), there is a capacitor, right where the card's HSF would be (if the card were facing the other way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom