Molex Crimp Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

micfreek

Solid State Member
Im trying to add more power connectors to my power supply but I need a decent crimper for the 4 pin molex connector pins. Does anyone know where to get one or any suggestions on what kind to get?

Thanks,
Jared

Umm.... Those are RJ45 Crimpers :( They wouldnt help me at all I need a Molex Barrel Pin Crimper for 4 Pin Molex Power Connectors. Anybody else?

Yeah I saw that site too and it appears the Waldom crimper under the Molex Crimpers category would be the right one, but I don't wanna buy it unless I know for sure. :confused: Has anyone had any experience with this crimper?

Thanks,
Jared

Well, I've figured it out, I called Digi-Key and their friendly sales person was able to help me out.... It appears the crimper that best suits this job is a Molex/Waldom Crimper P/N: 63811-1000. The part number for the pins is 02-08-1202(female), I think the male pins are 02-08-1201 but im not positive on that. Hopefully this information will help someone else out in the future. Also the crimper is available at www.digikey.com for $38.36.

Jared

Well, I don't know a lot about crimpers but I know that when I tried crimping this pin with my 7$ RadioShack crimper I was able to pull the pin off with little effort. I'm looking for a quality crimp here that wont come off when I give a little tug on my power wires to pull the connector out of my drive (I know you should always pull on the connector rather than the wires... but sometimes it happens). As for that crimper from action electronics.... Digi-Key has the same crimper for 13$ and when I asked them about it, they said it would not work with these pins. I'd rather pay 38$ for a crimper I know will work well rather than pay 15$ for one that doesnt work (or well for that matter) and have to buy the 38$ one later. Plus I went ahead and bought the expensive one so it's too late now. :) Anyways if you have any experience with that action electronics crimper and you know it works let me know and I'll try to return this other one.

Thanks,
Jared

That's not a bad idea, I didnt even think of soldering, then again I dont have an iron but their cheap. And also I'm not that good at it, do you know of any soldering tutorials or anything out there that are particularly good? I think I'm gonna return this crimper if I can, but we'll see how it works first. :)

Thanks,
Jared

If you go to RadioShack, they have several books about basic electronics work, etc. Soldering is not that hard - just get an iron, solder and some wire and practise a little bit before you do anything that you will use on your computer, etc. Once you try it, you will find that it is not that complicated - just make sure you are careful with a HOT soldering iron - it doesn't take long to make burn marks or melt something (not that I would know from experience or anything!! - LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom