Athlon 64 to go exclusively 939

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just automatic, not manumatic. Or as VW call them "Tiptronic". Dude, when I was in Germany [ I was born and raised there, lived there for 7 years], people always asked if you were handicapped if you drove an automatic. Everyone drove a manual, my mom too, lol. WHen I came to North America, I was like, you bunch of lazy bastards, lol.

A ferrari tranny is extremely finely tuned, working perfectly.

That paddles are great. New method of shifting. There is no clutch, and you have the choice of standard or automatic. When you want standard, there are two paddles behind the steering wheel (one on the left and one on the right) that you pull towards you to shift. You pull the otherone to downshift. That tranny is better than any stick out there, and shifts faster than the best driver.

meh, still an automatic, wastes power, a little less control too, usually dont last as long either

Riiiiiiiiight, could have sworn the point of this post was about processors somewhere in there and not cars :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd love to see the mobiles move to socket 939, a mobile venice core socket 939 CPU would be awesome

Plates in the clutch's wear out faster than an automatic, but does a ferrari have a clutch???

Yeah, goo dthing their going exclusivly 754, drops 754 prices.

clutch pack in an automatic wears out too, and quicker than a properly driven manual

look, ive had 23 cars/trucks, and ive driven about 1.1 million miles so far, ive had everything from small econo boxes to sports cars to 26,000lb trucks, automatics dont last as long, you drive either one really hard and they dont last long,but ive consistently gotten about 150,000miles out of manual clutches, average automatic,about 100-115k

Ummm NO! Depends how you use it. If you, let's say, drive a Corvette with Borlas, and other mods, and drive to the max, obviously you'll need a new clutch pretty soon, and tranny, if you have lot's of torque. If you drive moderetly, you'll need one like after 200K. My dad had a 87' tercel Hatchback, 5 Spd standard, we needed a new clutch at 205 646 KM, I remember. WIth manual, it's fun, and you get the most out of your engine. There's no Transmission oil to buy, since it uses the engine oil, and it's easier to do burnouts, and corner. You can use the clutch to shift some weight of the car when you corner hard, unless you got Eibachs.

Anyways...... By How much are they going to drop? 20 bucks, 30, bucks, 50 bucks?

...Take the talk about cars to my thread in overclocking about lights and my car..... Anyways now i feel like my system is complete shit since its socket 754 and not even 5 months old yet... Hell socket A is still around......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom