I got an OC/ing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKongol

Baseband Member
I have a MSI K8Neo 4 platinum nForce 4 ultra chipset mobo w/ DOT(dynamic overclocking technology). I tried overclocking but my os shut off and then i couldnt boot it back up so i had to reload. iwas wandering if anybody knew WTF happened.

I am guessing this "DOT" is a windows program for overclocking? What happened is you OC'd too far. What did you set it too :p

I would recommend reading up on the subject some more and learn how to OC from the BIOS.

Your OC settings were simply inadequate. Overclocking takes experience and knowledge. You have to learn how much voltage is needed at a particular increase or decrease. To much and to little wont work very well. Also you need a cooling system, so you can OC safely. You will come to a point where you need to configure your RAM latency.

Since you ask that type of question, its clear your not ready yo. You need to learn what your doing. Also, when your computer shuts down like that from windows. Theirs a huge chance you will end up corrupting windows. This means windows cannot operate normally, because you have somehow damged it from OC stress. So all it takes is a simple OC failure, then windows will not boot up. Depending how much computer knowledge you have, will determine if you can fix this problem. Most of the time you must reboot windows completely. Also, do not OC directly from windows, these types of OC failures will lead to HUGE PROBLEMS.

Overclock through your BIOS!

someone should sticky this!

i've said this about hundreds of thousands of times

you won't overclock with anything "value ram" period.

the ram you are using is kingston value ram; it is the cheapest ram and is for people who wants a computer to work, it won't overclock at all

if you want to overclock, get a better ram

diabloII said:
someone should sticky this!

i've said this about hundreds of thousands of times

you won't overclock with anything "value ram" period.

the ram you are using is kingston value ram; it is the cheapest ram and is for people who wants a computer to work, it won't overclock at all

if you want to overclock, get a better ram

So you dont think I could get some 333mhz kingston upto 400mhz?

I think I need to open up my cases now and do a ram swap, already OC'ed it 66mhz and I can go further. This is kingston VALUE ram as well.

And I think windows getting corrupted is unlikely, due to the fact that I have been OC'ing in windows.

A8V is annoying, "Overclocking error, press f10 to go into bios and reconfigure, than do nothing and not boot again"

Sad thing is, this error even happens at stock speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom