A little help would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_DEED

Solid State Member
I seem to have un-abled my computer.

When I first got my new '75 pc abouty 3 weeks ago I was surprised there were no instruction manual, so I went on the internet explorer ( for the internet internet right?) and before I got to my firstpage a lot of screens started comming up telling me to download (what does that mean?) stuff and telling me repeatedly to click "here".

So after I had done so and whatever wanted to download had downloaded, my computer seems unabled. I keep trying to click the enable button but my mouse jumps to a new position when i try to get it on top of the checkbutton.

This comes up before everything else when I switch on so I have to sort it. Hope you can help, I paid £250 for this computer (specs below, dunno what they mean, like) so I really need to get this problem solved.

Thanks

slight correction, I dol not have xp, that was what i was considering getting but it cost too much (only had about 300 to spend on pc) so i had 95 installed, sorry, hope this doesnt affect much.

Thank you sir. I will try that, im on a friends pc at moment but in a short while I will go home and try it. Thank you for your intense kindness.

Before the problems started I got messages telling me to click here for a free ringtone. Now Ive ehard ringtones for ytelephones but surely I can get one for my computer too?

I said halflife2 because my grandson says he tried playing it, im sure he was pretty serious, want me to check? if its vital for you to know these things in order to help me ill do anything, i thank you for taking the time to help me.

That's ok man :). It's not necessary. Sounds like u have a lot of spyware/viruses on your computer. Do you have anything to clean that stuff on ur computer? Probably the first thing you should do :).

#1: You just got highly hijacked by spyware, after clicking all of those a reinstall is most likely the best thing.

#2: You got completly screwed in your purchase, your PC isnt worth 20$ to be honest, I always toss ones like that.

#3: HL2, well mindsweeper would be laggy on your PC

#4: If this thread is someone's idea of a joke, screw you.

No offence if he really IS an old grandpa.. But, I think it IS someone's idea of a joke. lol

The HL2 thing just sounded way too fishy to me :-\ Don't really know "why" this would be amusing tho :-\..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom