New Soundcard trouble, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hey all, a friend gave me a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, I was running an Audigy Gamer. When I pop it in XP keeps the same drivers as the old Audigy Gamer. I downloaded and ran the Audigy 2 ZS drivers and it says "There is no Audigy 2 installed on this system." I went into Safe Mode and removed the old Audigy drivers, rebooted, tried to run the Audigy 2 drivers again and got the same error. Any ideas???

Take off all the software related to Soundblaster. Delete the sound from your Device Manager. Perhaps reseat the sound card and reboot again. Try installing the Audigy 2 ZS drivers.

Soundcards, besides swapping out mobo's and switching brands in graphics cards, these are the hardest to replace without an XP reinstall.

Try to see if a driver cleaner (google it) will work with the sound drivers

DJ-Chris advise is right on dot. Google Driver Cleaner Pro and let it clean the Creative files.

There are seems for some to be a compatibility problem with XP SP2 and Audigy 2 ZS. I don't know why some people are experiencing that problem considering I didn't.

Use Driver Cleaner Pro...if the problem still persists post again.

Awesome, I'll download Driver Cleaner Pro and do a fresh install. My PC is still only SP1 and the drivers I downloaded for the Audigy 2 ZS are SP1 drivers. What's odd, I popped the card in my wifes PC, EXACT same hardware as mine, but running SP2 and it worked. Thinking maybe I need to pop SP2 on my system, but before that I'll try the Driver Cleaner. I didn't know a software existed to fully blow out previous drivers, thanks!

It was a fee card, senseless. A friend gave it to me after he upgraded :) As long as it's better then the original Audigy I'll pop it in tonight after work. Already downloaded Driver Cleaner Pro and am ready to try it in a bit.

senseless said:
You could take your audigy back and get a revolution 7.1 or an m-audio firewire 410 =)

Than he can sell it to a nub

Have you ever tried or heard a revolution 7.1, personally I have never even seen one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom