Putting computer lights in my car???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in regards to the original question:

Cars use 12V just like computer PSUs use 12V. As long as the light or whatever is meant to be connected to the 12V lead on the PSU then you wont have to do any converting of power.

Your car's electrical comes from a battery (which gets charged by an alternator), and batteries are DC, and so are PSUs. So, no worries about AC and DC.

well we never said anythign about converting like that AC and DC. I was just saying that you can use one of those things so you can use regular plugs in your car. ow that you mention it though if you wanna do some light electrical work you can cut some wires and just hook the red and black together and it will work. of course that is unplugging your battery and making the appropriate connections and connectors.;)

I'm going to be working on my car forever.... Hmm you got any ideas why my trunk lid vibrates to the point where air leaks from it? lol i have it to where the air can go out the windows but theres still so much pressure.....

Usually trunks dont really vibrate, but the license plate does. Use some foamy tape or the actual license plate devibrating tape.

casue when you have a system that pushes enough pwer its just gonna do that. im to lazy to get into the techincal stuff. its kinda like when you have all the windows open in a 4 door car and your going like 70 down the road and you have the wierd anoying noise from the wind ya kow? its all about the pressure in the car.

Its the trunk lid it self, because when i sat on it the vibration stoped, now there was serious vibration with the molding and window in the back but i got yellow spounge and put there to stop it...

:-\ i dont know exactly how to make the lid any tighter, and can you look me up some seals to put around it? please? lol i hardly order anything like that... i try to improvise lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom