Windows XP (Home Edition) Roaming profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltimus

Beta member
Okay so I figured out how to cause windows XP to automatically create backups of my profiles. What I did was that I "copy to" my user profile (from the user profile dialog box, via right click on my computer) to my D: drive. What happens in essence is that when I log in, windows would load my profile from the D:\ drive into the c:\ drive. When I log off it would do the reverse. Everything was fine up until a few days ago. Now I get this message,

"Windows did not load your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you logoff. Windows did not load your profile because a server copy of the profile folder already exists that does not have the correct security. Either the current user or the Administrator's group must be the owner of the folder. Contact your network administrator. "

I wonder if it was from an XP upgrade or from the SP1 that was just released that all of a sudden changed my security protocols. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a "new" way around this? All I'm trying to do is to get my profiles backed up on a seperate drive in case of a crash. I really don't want to write a script to do this, does anyone have a better solution in light of this?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom