Guide to OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
Can someone tell me where I can find a DEFINETIVE guide to overclocking? i know there is a guide in the Overclocking section, but it is introductory. I want one that is extremely in depth, telling me everything I could possibly need to know. I want to learn about OCing inside and out, because I have a potentially huge project for OCing.

uh, hardly few people here actually know about OCing

try www.xtremesystems.com

you'll learn a lot there
I know ;)

I'm a member over at xtremesystems.orb <--- org not com is what it is BTW

That introductory guide is all you need to know. How much more in depth do you need? That gives you the basics and it's pretty easy to learn from there just from experimentation or common sense.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3393

You might go there, scroll 3/4 of the page down to DRAM TIMINGS and it'll give you a ton of info on timings you probably haven't even heard about before. That's a little more in depth for RAM overclocking

Thanks Nubi, I'll check that out. It is .ORG right? Not .ORB? Meh, I'll just find out for myself. That would also be why xtremesystems.com sucks, huh?

I really want to get hardcore about OCing, so I want to know EVERYTHING! Being a fellow techie, I think you know what I mean and how it is.

Think of it like this... It is a year and a half ago, you have just joined this forum, and you know nothing of computers...

I'm a member over at xtremesystems.orb <--- org not com is what it is BTW
lol yes it is org Him, seems even those of us correcting mistakes are making our own. :D

There really isn't much needed to know that isn't covered in the guide written here, there's so much that can really only be self taught through the process of doing it yourself.

Ok, I totally dig. I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting into before I shell out hella dough, and ruin things due to my lack of knowledge in the aforementioned subject.

I'll give you a basic low down on what I think would be best for you to get if I were in your shoes if you want the biggest overclocking gains possible.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ or 3200+ Venice
DFI Lanparty nf4 Ultra-D
OCZ Platinum Rev2s
OCZ Powerstream 600w

Those are the only big components that will matter to a successful overclock (actually those are the parts I am getting so it may be a little biased :p), cooling is totally up to you and if you go the route of water Nubius and I can assist you there. Other components are entirely your preference.

I had every intention on getting the DFI with the nf4, and an AMD 64 venice, but I was looking at the 3500+. But thats good news on the ram, i wasnt syure which would be best. In fact, I posted on which memory would be better for Ocing. I think you replied too. CRAZINESS!!!

Thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom