Dual Rail PSU and O/C, more confused than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude.. I think the mere fact that the Antec got 3/5 stars says it all. The Noisetakers rail output is higher than the Antec's on every rail. I didn't bother to read the other specs like stability and overload protection and such since I don't have too much time to crunch the #s. I will assume that the Noisetaker does a "decent" job at not blowing up the stuff - considering it's a pretty good company. :). And it's 1/2 the price.

EDIT: btw Noistaker is a model of Enermax.

Okay, I can see that I should have been a little less glib in my comments. I meant that I have read that some forum users have stated that they thought that single rail psu's are preferential for overclocking in that the total amperage can go where it is needed (ie: not limited to one rail or the other). I was concerned that by using the dual-rail psu, I may end up shortchanging the amperage on one rail or the other after adding some more components and overclocking. I'm not so concerned about that anymore. Thanks.

I am running a dual rail, and it has been awesome. Now, that said, I have not OC's yet, as I am relatively new to OC's and want to replace my ram first.

I did a lot of research on the Dual Rail thing, and because of the SLI configuration and the VC's needing a steady reliable source of power, I chose this one (in my Sig).

My power Sup has been extremely useful in preventing the shorts that could have occured, but DIDNT because the PSU found them and turned off first. (Bad Floppy). The stats are pretty good and according to the specs in the book it should support whatever I decide to do with the OC'ing when the time arrives. Of course, it was a little expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom