Apple better graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeJayDM

Beta member
Is this really true? does apple have better graphics than pc??

Im in the market for a laptop and was looking at the Dell Inspiron 9300 and the Apple Powerbook 15". When I look at the specs I see that the i9300 has better hardware (graphics card, screen...) than the pb. Im going to use this for casual gaming (WoW, Guildwars...), digital photography (mainly picture editing), perhaps a little bit video editing and programming (c,c++). MY friend told me that apple are better in terms of graphics than PC. I checked out a few forums and they also say that apple is better in photoshop. What makes apple better than pc, in terms of graphics.

This post is also a can you give a suggestion what to get post.

APPLE! once you get one you will fall in love with it. theyre so sweet but i would think about waiting for a G5 Powerbook.

i was going to get a mac but decided against it until i get into college because i am just into gaming right now.

go to compusa tho and check them out

as far as I'm concerned it's a load of BS.

Check out most major 3d rendering companies and they are using PC software or anything else an OS they themselves have coded or Linux.

Maya 3d, lightwave, softimage, 3d studio max, all are mainly used on PC's, Jim henson studios has some of the best ways of rendering on the fly and they are using AMD Opterons in a PC based environment.

Apples I believe USED to be number 1 in graphics but they aren't. I've used photoshop on my PC and in a college graphics class that used G4's and there's absolutely no difference.

Uhh Nubius, can you like increase the brightnees of your sig? Can't read what it says, All I can see is that you run PC2300.

well take a look at a brand new G5 with dual PPC cpu's, then take a look at the graphics card they put in there, then compare that to a high end x86 based graphics workstation and compare specs and price

the x86 workstation beats the apple to death both in price and performance

Mac is better than pcs at photoshop and whatnot, yes. Mac is better at games, no. I have never heard that.

Im sorry if I unintentionally started a mac vs pc thread, Im just curious why people tell me that graphic artist prefer mac rather than pc. Im not really familiar with a mac so I dont know what it can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom