Where do I rat out people who are selling pirated OS's

Status
Not open for further replies.
killians45 said:
well, since we ARE a part of the universe as a whole... and that being said, he may well be a tool of the universe that the universe is now exploiting. If that is the case, then perhaps his rating out said person is a part of the grand scheme of life and this is but a small event that triggers a much larger one, and he being the tool to do such a thing is only following what a higher power and, ultimatley, a power that can NOT be understood. If he doesn't do this, then life as we know it may cease to exist, and everything living in this universe may in fact hinge upon if he does infact report this act of piracey, or does not. Tread lightly, young one. The choice is all yours, and all life is now at your mercy...

Is he serious?

http://www.bsa.org/usa/report/

Concerned about the use of illegal software? If you suspect that a coworker, colleague or even an ex-employer is using or selling unlicensed software — use the hotline number to call the Business Software Alliance in your area or report online. Reporting takes only a moment, and your information will be kept strictly confidential — you can even file a report anonymously

make sure y'all tell on everybody.

it is our duty to make the rich, even richer. they legally stole medicaid from the poor this year, just so they can get an even bigger tax break.
this time next year you will see thousand of extra people dying because they can't get treatment or medicine.

I don't pirated, but I can understand why some people do.

it's funny. every time a new way to peer to peer come out, hollywood immediately shut it down and deem it illegal. then they steal that technology to help them earn more money (they will sell you the product and use the technology to have you download it), yet they never pay out any royalties to the people who invented it. they try to put them in jail

when the rich steal, it's a business decision, when the poor do it, it's a crime

the rich are rich, bill gates has enough money anyways. I really don't think you should tell but maybe you should. the way i look at it is if they are making a living off of it then warn them. if not id let it go kus like i said they have enough money!

I read that in some parts of the world 90%+ copies of Windows are prated. I also read that Microsoft loses more money to pirates of their OS then anything else.

I read somewhere that 98% of all home PC's in the states have a pirated version of Windows on it. Thats crazy.

Microsoft mostely makes their money on the buisnesses that have a thousand machines with each one running Windows.

Him said:
I read somewhere that 98% of all home PC's in the states have a pirated version of Windows on it. Thats crazy.

Microsoft mostely makes their money on the buisnesses that have a thousand machines with each one running Windows.

not here. oversea yes. here if you got to windows update and it detect a pirated version. it will lock up the computer. it part of the homland security thing. oversea it won't lock it up. at the worst case it will tell you that it can't download no updates because it is pirated.

BRAINS, if only we all had them

killians45 said:
well, since we ARE a part of the universe as a whole... and that being said, he may well be a tool of the universe that the universe is now exploiting. If that is the case, then perhaps his rating out said person is a part of the grand scheme of life and this is but a small event that triggers a much larger one, and he being the tool to do such a thing is only following what a higher power and, ultimatley, a power that can NOT be understood. If he doesn't do this, then life as we know it may cease to exist, and everything living in this universe may in fact hinge upon if he does infact report this act of piracey, or does not. Tread lightly, young one. The choice is all yours, and all life is now at your mercy...

Never thought of it like that. I must analyse the systems of the universe in much more depth from now on, whether I be eating my lunch or picking my nose.

But the universe will reap it's revenge in turn on him. The universe has a built in dispise for rats in which it turns all its power upon them.

Yeah but this makes this unfair to system builders

You can buy the same system, same specs, but 200$ cheaper! due to the lack of an origional version of windows XP

If they were not selling XP with PC's, I wouldnt care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom