What device to i need to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexqd3

In Runtime
record stuff from my t.v and put it on my computer. what's the cheapest solution?

ex. i wanna make combo videos with my game, and i want it to be clear.

are there any other options? i have a laptop, not sure if the above link can be upgrade to a top....?

you can also get external USB tv tuners (i think Hauppage make them too), this means you could plug it into your laptop no problem!

be careful with usb tuners, unless youve got a really smokin fast laptop the thing will really have a tough time recording video without dropping frames

with a PCI card it takes a minimum of a 1ghz/200mhz FSB system to do a decent job at recording, and in order to record AND do other tasks at the same time you need faster than that

horndude said:
be careful with usb tuners, unless youve got a really smokin fast laptop the thing will really have a tough time recording video without dropping frames

with a PCI card it takes a minimum of a 1ghz/200mhz FSB system to do a decent job at recording, and in order to record AND do other tasks at the same time you need faster than that

will my computer be able to do a decent job? look at my sig., and is there a PCI tuner that can be installed in a laptop sry for the noob questions.

Your comp will be fine. Comp here @ 1.8ghz, 256mb ram, and a 64mb ATI Rage card works fine for capture. Don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom