Need to start overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok..... :S
sry man just thought that since our topics were ralated it was ok
thx for your help anyway
it's not a problem, but you might as well start your own and get more opinions and people who will help you specifically.

it's been left on and running for quite some time and hasn't crashed yet...
That's always a good sign but you gotta leave something lime prime95 running constantly putting your CPU at 100% load to see if it crashes or fails priming

I left Prime running for 6 hours and it failed test 7 or something "reached 0.5 should be 0.4 or lower." So I've replied some antec silver to my CPU not quite sure to raise or lower my CPU voltage and should I mess with my RAM?

Overclocking guide says standard 3200voltage is 1.675 but mine was 1.360 in CPUZ unclocked.

gaara said:
If your temperatures start exceeding 60 degrees you will want to lower the vcore or seek out a better cooling option.

In BIOS? Cause I'm at 45-46c I think I got up to 50c increasing the voltage way up.

So I can I resolve this unstability? Is it a voltage or heat prob? Cause I am getting crashes in games and it failed Prime.

Also if I'm getting higher numbers in 3Dmark by increasing voltage does that mean my CPU has been power starved?

Voltage is always what gains stability and of course heat.

If it fails prime95 it's power starved simple as that, keep bumping up voltage unless your temp gets too hot, this should only apply to CPU unless you're raising your FSB and keeping your RAM at a 1:1 ratio in which you'd need to loosen RAM timings and raise the DIMM voltage, but it sounds like you simply need to raise the Vcore

well as it is, you haven't even learned how to successfuly OC your CPU, so it's your computer you can do what you want, but OC'ing the RAM would mean stabelizing that and the CPU at the same time

I've stabalised my CPU! Yay! I increased the voltage and everything's okay but raising the voltage I lowered 3Dmark05 score, is that common?

no, they shouldn't really have an impact on each other at all. The only time a score in something would lower is when a CPU or GPU still isn't completely stable and is working to the point of erroring, but not working completely efficiently.

What makes you say your stabelized your CPU? What did you do exactly to come to this conclusions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom